Members of the media:
As the Supreme Court of Missouri's communications counsel, one of my duties is serving as media liaison for the Missouri Judicial branch. An important part of my job is to answer your questions, for example, about the Judiciary, legal procedure or the meaning of legal terms, or to assist with an issue relating to the use of cameras in the courtroom. I am an attorney, but because I work for the Judiciary, I cannot offer opinion, interpretations or legal advice. Usually, however, I can provide background information and a contact with the appropriate person to facilitate your story.
I also maintain an electronic mail group that receives notices and summaries of cases scheduled for argument and opinions the Court issues. I also send messages occasionally about other topics about which I think you might be interested. If you would like to be included in the e-mail group, please let me know.
Various courts have their own media contacts:
- For questions about the 13th Judicial Circuit Court (Boone and Callaway counties), please contact Cindy Garrett, that circuit's deputy court administrator, by calling (573) 886-4059 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- For questions about the 16th Judicial Circuit Court (Jackson County), please contact that court's public information officer, Valerie Hartman, by calling (816) 881-3552 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the Kansas City municipal division, please feel free to contact that court's public information officer, Benita Jones, by calling (816) 513-6711 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- For questions about the 21st Judicial Circuit Court (St. Louis County), please contact that court's public information officer, Christine A. Bertelson, by calling (314) 615-2643 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the 22nd Judicial Circuit Court (St. Louis city), please contact that court's public information officer, Thom Gross, by calling (314) 622-5685 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- For questions about the 29th Judicial Circuit Court (Jasper County), please contact that court's administrator, Erik Theis, by calling (417) 625-4310 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about any other court in Missouri or have ideas to improve the Missouri courts' communication with you, or ease your task in some way, please let me know.
Feel free to contact me for any assistance we might offer.
Very truly yours,
Beth S. Riggert
Supreme Court of Missouri
Post Office Box 150
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Desk: (573) 751-3676
Cell: (573) 864-1966
Fax: (573) 751-7514